Paralegal – Professional Negligence
Our client is looking for a Paralegal to join its team specialising in professional claims work based in Manchester city centre.
The role is a very hands-on position, and the successful candidate will following training and under supervision be predominantly running their own caseload of pre litigated and litigated multi-track claims (above £25,000) as well as assisting on all disputes that this team is instructed on, on behalf of our clients, including but not limited to:
- Defending professional negligence lender claims brought by lenders against surveyor client relating to alleged overvaluations of residential properties
- Defending a book of circa 400 litigated claims against installers of retro- fit cavity wall insulation alleging breach of contract and negligence
- Working on a solicitors’ delegated authority scheme defending claims initiated pre action against solicitors across the UK
- Claims handling an SME book of claims brought against IT professionals as well as those practising in the media and broader technology field
The firm is seeking a solicitor who is academically strong and:
- This role would be well suited to Paralegals with 12+ months experience in for defending claims brought against surveyors, solicitors, construction professionals and or emerging professionals
- Alternatively, candidates working within a commercial insurance and or litigation team and or with genuine litigation disputes experience
- This role requires an LLB qualification with a 2:1 achieved as a minimum.
- Ability to work as apart of a fast paced and dynamic team.
What’s on offer?
On offer with this opportunity is:
- Chance to join a top UK law firm with international reach.
- Good quality work and the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in this area of work.
- Significant client contact.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits scheme.
To be considered for this Paralegal role based in Manchester city centre please get in touch with a recent CV as soon as possible.